Tuesday 31 May 2011

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Roasted Cauliflower Soup:

1 head cauliflower, cut into peices
1 onion cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups veggie broth
1 large potato cubed (or a large yam)
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Roasted red pepper flakes.
Olive oil



Preheat oven to 400.  Mix the cauliflower with red pepper flakes and olive oil and bake on baking sheet for 15 min.  Add onion and garlic and cook until soft (Another 20 mins).  Stir every 10 min.

Heat broth and potato in a pot, bring to a boil and reduce, add cauliflower when its cooked through.  Add paprika, salt and pepper.  Puree half the mixture in batches and add back in with the rest of the soup.  I prefer a chunky soup so thats why I only pureed half, if you like a smooth soup puree the whole thing.



Cauliflower is a great source of fiber and will help clean your digestive system.  This recipe is so low in calories and takes so delicious you can have a second bowl with out the guilt :)
This recipe takes 1hr and serves 4.
Calories: 45
Protein: 2g
Carbs: 10g
Fiber: 2g

8 comments:

  1. New Follower via the hop
    Top Social Giveaways
    http://topsocialgiveaways.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again today I am following you via Totally Tuesday blog Hop.
    I am already following you GFC.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a cauliflower fan either, but I'm always open to trying new ways to incorporate veggies, so I might give this a try. I think I might add some curry and see what happens!

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! This looks amazing! And so does the Kale recipe!! :)

    I'm a new follower from the Bee friendly hop! :)

    -Hope
    dreamingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! im your 100th follower. I still remember when I reach that number. thanks for sharing this recipe to us. I hope to try it in the future.

    I found your blog from the blog hop.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This look awesome!
    I am your newest follower from the Blog Hop! I would love to have you follow back!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a delicious meal, I absolutely love garlic.

    ReplyDelete