Monday 11 July 2011

Portobello Bruchetta Burgers



Bruchetta Portobello Burgers:
2 large tomatoes diced and seeded
2 tbsp low cal mayo
1/2 C shredded mozza
1 tsp dried sweet basil
1/2 C minced red onion
2 portobello mushrooms stemmed
2 "thin" buns
1 tbsp olive oil
Paper Towel


1.Mix the first 5 together and put in the fridge for 30 mins or so.
If baking preheat the oven to 350.
2.Place mushrooms in baking dish and brush with olive oil, cook for 5 mins, remove from oven.
3.Take the bruchetta mixture and fill both mushroom caps, return to oven and cook for another 12-15 mins. Place "burger" in the bun and enjoy! Make sure you have your paper towel handy because these guys are messy!!!

Tomatoes are one of the top anti-oxidants and even if you don't usually like them the sweet basil in this recipe changes the flavor!


This recipe makes 2 servings
Each "burger" is 368 Calories.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for following! I'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Portobello! Following you from the Terrific Tuesday Hop and hoping you can return the love. You can find me at Yankee Texan Mom or Mama's Money Tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Interesting, Love it! Nice site, I will be sure to come back to visit! Check out my JULY 2011 blog hop at www.reasonablyless.com

    Rachel
    www.reasonablyless.com
    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy!! Newest follower, coming over from "Who in the World" Blog Hop. I've got lots of weight to lose so your blog is going to be very inspiring for me! Can't wait to read more.

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! A vegetarian who posts recipes! Wonderful! My daughter left for college last year and came back a vegetarian. I don't know how to feed her anymore.. I can only make so much green bean casserole.

    ReplyDelete