Wednesday 8 February 2012

Starting From The Beggining

Starting from the beginning.
Lots of men and women want to lose weight but don't know where to start.  When you decide your ready to make a change there are a dew tips I have for beginners.

1. Set a goal.
Be realistic here. I start with a small goal and once I beat it I come up with my next one. I've been doing this for years now. Once you reach your first goal you'll feel like a million bucks.  Start with 5-10 lbs.

2. Set a time limit.
Once again, be realistic. Don't say 50 lbs in a month.  That's just silly.  Give yourself a realistic AND healthy timeline and follow it.

3. Eat healthy.
Watch what you eat. There are several online tools that can help you figure out how many calories you should eat per day to help you lose the weight you want In the time you want.

4. Set a shedual and stick to it!
If your starting out cardio is a great way to shed a few extra pounds. Start by going on a 30 min walk 4x a week if you don't want to go to the gym.
If you don't want to get cold download an exersize video (jillian michaels 30 day shred) and do it from the comfort of your own home.

5. Keep a journal.
Write down what you eat and the exercise you do daily. This way it's easier to stick to your goals.

Remember anything is better than nothing.
For a 150lbs person jogging for 25 mins will burn 260-300 calories.
Walking the dog for 25 mins burns about 125 and even washing the car for 10 mins can burn 50 calories.
Make sure to do a warm up and stretch after, and don't forget your water bottle :) 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. thanks for adding my blog hop button to you page!! I am now a follower of you blog and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recommendations! I've put this to the test, and I've seen immediate results.. being consistent and setting these personal goals were the trick! what really got my mind focused was the part you said "remember ANYTHING is better than NOTHING" ABSOLUTELY TRUE =)

    ReplyDelete